Saturday 29 December 2018

Doughnut delight

My new subscriber copy of Creative Stamping arrived yesterday and I just HAD to get stamping straight away with the fab stamp set included with it. As I've been out of the crafting loop for a couple of weeks I decided to ease myself in with a very Clean And Simple card that uses up a whole bunch of snippets.


I originally intended paper piecing the doughnuts but decided the little space in the "hole" where you can see the cake below the icing would be just too darned tricky so I layered them instead, and I think it works better that way because after all the icing in a real doughnut is on top of the cake, not inset into it.

The doughnut stamp and sentiment are both from the stamp set, which is so new it isn't in the shops for a few days yet, and all the papers are from my snippets box.

I am sharing this with Pixie's Snippets Playground  and also with Sweet Stampin - New! as the stamps are brand new.

5 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Great CAS card and love the doughnuts and use of snippets too
Carol x

Fiona said...

A fun card - thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin - Happy New Year to you and yours

LesleyG said...

thats both fun and funny :) xxx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

What a fun start to your new year crafting! Love this, really fun stamps. Thanks so much for sharing your gorgeous creation with us at Sweet Stampin' for our 'New' challenge. Hugs, Wends xoxo Sweet Stampin' DT

Di said...

Oh what fun Jane - really fabulous card. Do I need to buy a copy of Creative Stamping now I wonder?

Happy New Year!

Hugs

Di xx