Sunday 19 February 2017

All "decked" out

The current challenge at Cardz 4 Galz is Crdz 4 Teenz and I immediately thought of the Gorjuss range, as they seem to be specifically designed to appeal to teenage girls, being cute and girly and yet in the darker colours that many girls love at that age.


 The image is a die cut decoupage sheet - I'm not a huge fan of die cut decoupage because however carefully you release and trim it, you still end up with paper tags - I can see one in the photo right now, that I'd missed while making it. But a friend gave me a gorgeous Gorjuss gift set last year and it has lots of decoupage sheets in it, so they are gradually being used. There are a few playing cards in the background of the design so I echoed those with a couple of real cards and a scattering of heart shaped stones.

The lower layer of ribbon looks a lot better in real life than it does on the photo - it is wire edged ribbon which I scrunched up tightly then gently flattened, to give a wavy edge. So what looks like sideways wobbles are actually up and down wiggles, if you get my drift. The wide ribbon looked a bit too big on its own so I topped it with some cute black floral ribbon.

Thanks to those ribbons, I am also sharing this with Glitter and Sparkle - Ribbons or lace.

4 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

This is so pretty, I love how you layered the ovals and the image is adorable especially the teddy bear peeking out of the corner. Beautiful job.

Barb said...

A lovely card for a teenage girl Jan. I really like all the detail you.ve added. Barbxx

Donna Ellis said...

Such a sweet card, Jane! I love the dimension in her hair, and the wavy action of the wide ribbon! REALLY great card design, and fun teen colors! Thank-you for joining us at the Cardz 4 Galz Challenge. We love seeing your paper crafting projects, and are so happy you have joined us! Please check back to see if you have won a badge!
crafty hugs,
de
P.S. I'd love for you to visit my personal blog if you have a chance. Thanks!
{Creative Smiles}

Jean said...

Great card, loving your style.
Thanks for joining us over at Glitter 'N' Sparkle.
Jean DT xxx