Thursday 16 February 2017

There's a hole in my paper....

When I first read the title of this fortnight's Butterfly Challenge, I thought it said Paper Piecing and I had an idea all ready to start making - and then I looked at the inspiration samples and realised it was piercing and not piecing! So it was back to the drawing board for me. Right back, as I don't think I've done any paper piercing before, apart from making occasional holes to stitch into. Anyway, here is my entry for the challenge, Paper Piercing and/or the colour Fern



I stamped the butterfly collage onto vellum, using Memento ink (which dries frustratingly slowly on vellum, but gets there in the end) in a colour as close to my idea of fern as I could find,  and coloured it from the back with Promarkers. Then I used a stencil and pokey tool to pierce the border. resting it on a foam mat while piercing. I stuck the vellum to the background card with a dab of strong glue in each corner, covered on the outside with dots of candi.

6 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Such a sweet card for the Butterfly Challenge - I haven't joined there in ages and I'm hoping to get a card made this time! Love your paper piercing! Thanks for inspiring!

Unknown said...

It's one of those 'Happy Mistakes' - looks beautiful.

Barbara Godden said...

Beautiful, I might have that stamp or one very similar. Fab. paper piercing, and I would have read piecing too. lol.

Barb said...

It's beautiful Jane and what a lovely stamp. I love the sound when piercing vellum. Barbxx

Mrs A. said...

Oh wow this is so pretty and delicate looking being done on the vellum and I like your stab(soree) at piercing. Looks a lot neater than mine. I think the trick is to not do straight lines cos they show up straight away as being wonky. I got on much better doing the piercing freehand in the end. Thankyoy for fluttering by with this lovely pierced card. Hugs Mrs A.

crafty-stamper said...

Really beautiful love the stamped image and great colouring looks almost like watercolouring and great piercing
Carol x