Friday 24 February 2017

Tyger Tyger Burning Bright....

I mentioned earlier this week that we'd spent a night in Marlow so we could have a meal at the Hand and Flowers. Our hotel was a short walk, through the shops, from the restaurant, and one dress shop had a window display that really caught my eye. Not the clothes themselves, I can't remember a thing about those, but the decoration, which was made up of swathes of tropical leaves in black and gold.

Naturally I had to have a play - I've had this lovely Woodware leaf punch for years, but have only ever punched it in green before. I think it looks very striking in black and gold, doesn't it?


Of course the leaves need a striking image to go with them, and my lovely tiger stamp (an old unmounted stamp, sorry I can't remember the brand) was just right for the job. I've added a background of tiger print paper from a Zeeman pad. It looks textured, doesn't it. but in fact it is plain smooth paper. I have framed the image with a scalloped circle cut and embossed from black colour-core card with a light tan core, using a Marianne Creatables die, sanded after embossing to reveal the core. The button is from a bargain bag I bought on Amazon.

I'm sharing this with It's a Zoo Out There at Cuttlebugmania and Animal Magic at Stamping Sensations

Before I sign off for today, I'd like to quickly mention the Make It Show  which is on in Farnborough today and tomorrow. I've been there today and met up with lots of my crafty friends. I wasn't planning to shop, apart from a few basics (I'm sure I use more brown card than anyone else in Craftdom!) so it gave me time to watch lots of the lovely demonstrations and take part in one of the Make and Takes, an acrylic painting session. I'm not very skilled at painting so it was great to lean some brush techniques. I'm quite pleased with this for a first attempt!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Fantastic!

Barb said...

Absolutely Stunning Jane! Barbxx

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW the tiger looks absolutely stunning
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Barbara Godden said...

Fabulous card, gorgeous tiger and your design is awesome.

brenda said...

It's such a striking image Jane and really eye catching colours, many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations Animal Magic challenge.

B x

Jannie said...

Stunning card!!!

Thank you for joining us at Cuttlebug Mania's challenge "It's a zoo out there"

Cuttlebugs & Hugs
Jannie

pinky said...

Very cool card, perfect for our challenge. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.
Pinky