Sunday 5 February 2017

NOT Robins

I've been playing with the lovely Woodware robins stamp set that I won in the Playground this time last year. I thought at the time that it really didn't need to be used just for robins, but I've never quite got round to using it any other way.

However last week I spotted this  pin on Pinterest where the stamps were used for paper piecing, and I thought this would be a great way to use snippets. So here is my CASE of the idea:


I drew the "ground" using the edge of a deckle edged tearing ruler and added a sentiment stamped with a Studio G mini set. Then I stamped a line of "robins" stamping each again onto a snippet of patterned paper and pieced each one onto its image.

I am sharing this with
Pixie's Snippets Playground (of course!)
Allsorts Challenge - Paper Piecing
Little Red Wagon - How Tweet it is
Fab'n'Funky - Birds   

15 comments:

Barb said...

I absolutely love this card Jane. They look gorgeous paper pieced. A super CAS card. Barbxx

Anonymous said...

Great idea to use the edge of deckle scissors for a nice straight line. Looks fantastic!

Evelyn

Di said...

Squeal! Oh Jane, I absolutely LOVE this card! What a perfect way to use little snippets with those birdies. I might very well have to CASE this in some way, clever you!

Hugs

Di xx

Kate said...

Such a sweet card! The paper piecing is darling and gives such a fresh look to your non-robins!!

Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week! I was able to link your card with no issues this end. So sorry it caused you grief. We really don't understand what the problem is!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Dotty Jo said...

So cute, I love this idea of how to utilise teeny scraps, Jo x

Sian said...

This is a beautiful card. I love what you've done with the stamps.

Kathleen said...

Lovely CAS card and cute paper piecing.
Thank you for joining my Paper Piecing challenge this week at Allsorts.

Kath

Christi Conley said...

So tweet! Sorry - I couldn't resist ;) Honestly, this is such a pretty card and these robin's could be used SO many ways - lovely, charming card Jane xoxo

brenda said...

Super paper pieced birdies Jane, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Sarn said...

COR - excellent use of ickle paper snippets. Top job!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Wendy L said...

Fab idea to use tiny bits, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxx

Wendy said...

Gorgeous, love your paper pierced birds.....Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky :)
Wendy xx

Carol Cel said...

Nice! Great job piecing.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Oooohhh... Love, love this clean and supersweet card! Great paperpiecing!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This is super duper adorable!