Tuesday 25 September 2018

Autumn Leaves at Cardz 4 Guyz

It's time for our latest challenge at Cardz 4 Guyz, and with the nights drawing in here in the UK and the leaves starting to change colour, it's the perfect time for an Autumn Leaves theme.


I have used stamps from the brilliant set that came with issue 60 of Creative Stamping magazine. My card was inspired by one of their sample cards, which also used the emboss-resist technique and a hessian square, but I've made my version much more masculine by using bold colours and hard edges.

The emboss resist is done by stamping leaves all over the base card using Versamark ink, heat-embossing with clear powder and then sponging over with various inks in yellows, oranges and browns, before polishing firmly with a clean dry tissue to remove ink from the embossed areas.

The hessian is adhesive-backed hessian which is great when you want a clean, unfrayed edge as the adhesive backing holds the fibres together. I've topped it with leaves stamped with the same stamps, but skeleton or embossed metal leaves would look great, too, especially on a masculine card.

I am sharing this with
Make my Monday - Autumn Colours
Just Us Girls - photo 

7 comments:

Tammy L said...

Gorgeous emboss resist! I totally love your card!

Dawn Phillips said...

Beautiful card. Embossed resist works fabulously. Love Dawn x

Macimbalo said...

Really pretty, love the design! Thanks for sharing at JUGS!

meg said...

great background and card Jane, thanks for joining in at MMM.

Maria said...

What a great fall card! I love all those great leaves and textures! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Just Us Girls this week.

Sue - said...

Fabulous card Jane. I think the hessian really sets off the leaves.

Cazro said...

A wonderful card Jane. I love the colours and the use of the hessian, great texture. Good luck. . So pleased you shared with us at Make My Monday. Caz. DT.