Wednesday 19 September 2018

Inky Backgrounds at Back to Basics

Our newest challenge at Back to Basics gives you lots of scope for creativity - Inky Backgrounds.


For this card I blended various shades of aqua and blue ink over the card, leaving the centre blank then using progressively darker shades as I reached the edge. I also blended some of the lighter inks over an offcut of card. When the main card was ready, I spritzed it with water and blotted it after a couple of minutes although this doesn't really show up in the photo but if you squint really hard you can see it towards the top right.

I stamped the butterflies onto the scrap card and fussy cut them, then when the other card was completely dry I stamped the sentiment in black then various flower and grass stamps using the inks I had used for the background plus light and dark olive green. I finished the butterflies with a touch of olive green too then attached them to the background with 3d glue.

7 comments:

meg said...

Beautiful background Jane, love the pale centre and the butterflies

Diane said...

Beautifully created with all the pretty shades of colors...a fabulous card!
Diane {Nellies Nest}

Darnell said...

This is gorgeous, Jane! Your meadowland is a heavenly background for those stunning butter flies and perfect sediment!! Hugs, Darnell

Liz said...

Fabulous card, Jane, I love the inky background your created for your lovely butterflies. xx

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful card, love the soft blue backgrounds.

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful card, I like your inked backgroound and beautiful butterflies

scrappymo! said...

This card is really beautiful, Jane!