Saturday 1 September 2018

Spinning the wheel and hitting the jackpot!

A rare achievement for me - I've manages to use all 7 elements of the wheel at the Butterfly Challenge   - I feel as if I've just had a big win on the roulette wheel (actually I don't because I've never played roulette)


And here's my card

 
 
It's come out with a bit of a greenish cast to the white - I think that is probably reflected light from that amazingly sparkly green embossing powder.
I used a butterflies-and-flowers embossing folder for the background, swiping the "inny" surface with green pigment ink before embossing, then sprinkled with Emerald Sparkle embossing powder and heat embossed it. I love the way the raised elements stand out from the sparkly background.
 
The butterfly is cut using a very old die - I think it was a Marianne one. It's so old it's from the days before pokey-holes in dies were invented, so it takes about 10 minutes to pick all the waste out of the die. Which is why I don't use it much any more. I remember when I got it, I thought it was amazingly detailed - haven't dies come on a long way since then?
 
It needed something behind it to make it stand out from the busy background, so I drew around the die and then cut out just inside the line.
 
I am also sharing this with
 
Allsorts Challenge - Things with wings
Cardz 4 Galz - Beautiful Backgrounds 
Just add ink - texture  
 

7 comments:

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful card, love your background,

Mrs A. said...

Well that's a double whammy on the embossing folder to emboss with powder at the same time. Now why on earth didn't
I think of that ! ( wood from the trees and all that me thinks. ) Loving the bow. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me this week. Hugs Mrs A.

brenda said...

A beautiful creation and love your choice of colours, it's perfect for our 'Things with Wings' theme at Allsorts challenge, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Sue - said...

Gorgeous card Jane! Sounds like you needed a lot of patience with the die! Thanks for joining us at Cardz for Galz.

Mervi said...

Fabulous card with lovely butterflies.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Nikki Spencer said...

Such a pretty take on this weeks Just Add Texture challenge Jane! Thanks for sharing.

Cazro said...

A stunning card with an amazing background. Thanks for taking part in our fun challenge at Cardz 4 Galz. We hope to see you again. Caz. DT.