Thursday 10 October 2019

A Blue, Blue Christmas

OK, who's doing an Elvis impression right now?


For this card I masked off the edges of the card (and yes, I know I missed a tiny sliver on the top right corner, but decided trying to remove the ink would do more harm than good). Then I blended a light blue Cosmic Shimmer blending ink all over, keeping it as light as possible in the middle, and a darker blue distress ink around the edges.

Then I used black Versafine ink to stamp the large wreath to one side of the card, with the masking still in place.
After removing the masking, I dotted a Quickie glue pen lightly and randomly over the blue areas and once dry, pressed cold-foiling foil over the glued dots and rubbed to transfer the foil onto the card.

I made a tag with a stamped sentiment on it and attached it with a snowflake brad.

I am sharing this with

Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - Sentiment as the main focal point/Anything goes 

52 Christmas Card Throwdown - Sketch 

7 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Jane, this is a total stunner! Jo x

AlisonC said...

Beautiful, I love masking but always get a bit of ink in the wrong place. I wouldn't have noticed this if you hadn't said. Love the wreath stamp. Thanks for joining in at 52CCT

Dawn Phillips said...

If you hadn't mentioned it I wouldn't have noticed the top corner. It's a beautiful card. Love Dawn x

TracyB said...

What a wonderful Christmas card. Your ink blending is wonderful. Me and my inks are not on speaking terms at the moment. Thanks for playing along with us at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown Challenge.

crafty-stamper said...

Yes I sang your title lol.Beautiful CAS card and love the wreath stamp-wouldn't have noticed the the corner if you hadn't said tbh
carol x

Goga said...

Beautiful blue scene on your card.
Thank you for joining us at 52CCT. Goga

Suze said...

I like how you did the background to look like pieces of the tree branch are flying around. And like a previous comment, I don't think I would have noticed that extra little bit of blue if you hadn't mentioned it! Thank you for joining in at CHNC Anything Christmas Challenge with optional twist of Sentiment As The Focal Point