Monday 28 October 2019

Double the Joy!

I've got a bit of a twofer for you today - two very different cards made with the same die.


The first is very CAS. I sponged blending ink onto the base card through a circle stencil then topped it with a die cut medallion. I then die cut the word JOY and added it to a strip of blue card and mounted the whole thing over the background.

I am sharing this with CAS on Friday - Big Sentiment or word 

The second card is still bold but not at all CAS!


I used heavyweight watercolour paper to create a smooshed background, smooshing first with Twisted Citron Distress Oxide, letting it dry and then smooshing with Festive Berries.  Then I used a clear sparkle embossing gel from Nuvo to stencil the mandala quadrant on the top right of the card. I ran a black inkpad around the edge and then added the die cut sentiment with an extra but of bling to pick out the centre of the snowflake.

I am sharing this with

52 Christmas Card Throwdown - Smooshing 


Allsorts - Make your own background, no DPs 

Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - Anything Goes/Make your own background

Cards 4 Galz - Something beginning with S (Sparkle, Stencil, Smooshing)

9 comments:

Dawn Phillips said...

They are both so different. Very clever to use the same main feature but turn out such different cards. Love Dawn x

Fabiola said...

quelle superbe carte Jane, les couleurs sont splendides, j'aime ce choix moins traditionnel mais tellement lumineux, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCT, biz

Liz said...

Two lovely cards, Jane, so different. My favourite is the first one, love the CAS design. xx

brenda said...

Two lovely cards Jane and especially love the sumptuous background you created with the Autumnal colours, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Linby said...

lovely cards. I especially like the bright colours and texture on your second card.
Thanks for joining in with my make your own background challenge at Allsorts.
Lynn x
DT

Lucinda said...

Two very different but delightful cards. I love the vibrancy of your smooshed card, very dramatic. Thanks for joining in with the 52CCT this week.

Darnell said...

A fabulous Twofer, Jane! I love how one is lady-like and demur with her white gloves on and the other one is out rocking the disco scene in stilettos and slurping tequilla sunrises!! Hugs, Darnell

sweet art designs said...

Both cards are lovely. Thank you for taking part in our 52 Christmas Card Throwdown Challenge - Myrna DT

Cazro said...

Two beautiful cards, I love the different techniques. Thanks for joining in with us at Cardz 4 Galz. Caz. DT.