Thursday 24 October 2019

So sweet

Here my day 4 post for the Cat Lovers Hop. 


I've used another of my very, very old grab bag stamps - this one must be about 25 years old.


 I stamped  the kitty in Memento ink then filled in the fluttering heart with a Versamark pen and  heat embossed with gold powder. Then I framed it with a pre-cut frame from the Dovecraft Folkland collection and finished the corner with hearts cut using a Gummiapan die.

The background paper is also from the Folkland collection. The sentiment is cut using a Sizzix sentiment die. I pressed the words into the surface of a Versamark pad and heat embossed them with clear powder.  I thought it would be a good idea to align the word "So" with the bottom of the frame and "Sweet" at a jaunty angle. It wasn't until the glue was dry and the words firmly stuck in place that I decided  they would have looked much better BOTH at a jaunty angle.

23 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

As sweet as can BE! Love, love, LOVE that purr-ecious kitty and the card design is fab! xxD

Arianna Barbara said...

Oh wow! This card is soooo sweeeeeet!!! Love the pink pattern paper and the two hearts!!!

Tink said...

Sweet card.. Love the colors!

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous card love the cute cat stamp and great B.papers
carol x

Susan Renshaw said...

Love the pink! Grear design!

KT Fit Kitty said...

I love old cat stamps! I enjoy all the detail on them. They don't seem to make many detailed cat stamps any more. Your card is gorgeous and I love all the pink!

Leslie said...

I love this! All those hearts are awesome! And I love the pink!
Hugs,
Leslie
Love To Scrap 2

My Side of Oz said...

I love this precious little kitty! Lovely colors!

NanaConnie said...

I love this one all done in pink, Jane! What a great paper choice for the background.

Becca Yahrling said...

Love the pretty details of this lovely design.

Brenda said...

Such a sweet kitty, the hearts couldn't be more perfect!

ike said...

Very pretty and such a lovely image :-)
Visiting your from the Cat Lovers Hop
Hugz
IKE =^..^=

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Vivian Foo said...

Cute everything here.

Fiona said...

Thanks for your comment Jane - I'm loving this cat blog hop - who knew there was such a thing but I'm glad I found it - your card is adorable.

Dawn Phillips said...

Such a pretty card Jane. Love Dawn x

Fikreta said...

its very sweet card!

Janis said...

So sweet, indeed!! I love this adorable image...and adding the gold embossing in the heart is fab touch! The background paper is so pretty. Everything looks wonderful.
Thanks so much for playing along in the #2019CatLoversHop!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Karenladd said...

Oh, this is just so cute and pretty. I love the kitten's pose, and the pink die cut hearts are a wonderful touch

Suzanne H said...

I love all the hearts on your card. Your stamping is so crisp.

Carole J said...

A beautiful card, Jane. Love your pretty background and die sentiment and the stamped kitty is so very sweet! xx

Eekers said...

Love that vintage pink and gold combo! What a chic card! Thanks for making this hop on the Cat Lover's Blog Hop so fun! #2019CatLoversHop
Annabel - Knitty Kitty Digis

Denise Bryant said...

Pretty layering! Love the hearts!

mandysea said...

Cute little kitty kitty image, love the gold touch and those love hearts