Saturday 19 October 2019

Hang on in there

If this card looks familiar,  it's because I've made several very similar in the past,  choosing a different patterned paper for the "wallpaper" each time. I think this stamp set, which I won in the Playground a year or two back, is just perfect for  an encouragement card for anyone going through a tough time or simply needing to be cheered up.


I've used a scrap of woodgrain effect paper as "skirting board" and distressed the edges of the wallpaper, especially around the area of the claw marks. I stamped the cat on the background and again onto plain card, then coloured the second with Promarkers. I fussy cut it then placed it directly over the stamped image on the background - this saved me from having to try to cut all those claws and whiskers!

I am sharing this with

Cardz 4 Galz - Shades of Brown 
Fab'n'Funky - Feature a Creature 
Passion for Promarkers - Add a sentiment 
Time Out Challenges - Encouraging 

18 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Love this card, great image.

Jo said...

I love this! Great stamp set.....do you mind me asking what brand it is, please> x

Elaine Stark said...

A fun card. Thanks for joining Passion for Promarkers. Elaine

Dotty Jo said...

I've got this set myself - fun isn't it! Great card, Jane, Jo x

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant card and great stamp love the distressing
Carol x

Jane Willis said...

It's called "Scratch Pad" and made by Your Next Stamp

N-Eva said...

What a fun card.Thank you for sharing your wonderful project with us Fab'n'Funky challenge.Neva

Dawn Phillips said...

Absolutely brilliant. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4galz. Love Dawn x

Sue - said...

I love that stamp Jane! Thanks for joining us at Cardz for Galz

Wynn said...

Love this card Jane . Made me smile. I know someone it would be perfect for. Wynn x

Margarets designer cards said...

Brilliant card, love it

sandie said...

I lone it no matter how many times we see it, it is such fun and this one has a lovely combo of colours and so good to see at Time Out

Craftychris said...

Love this! It really made me smile. xxx

Shauna said...

Haha... this is awesome! I love the patterned paper and the creative use of the distressing. So unique and fun! Thanks for playing with us at Time Out Challenges!
- Shauna

Mrs A. said...

I have this stamp as well. Makes me smile each time I see it. Shame about the wallpaper! Hugs Mrs A.

Cazro said...

Wow what a fabulous stamp, a really wonderful fun card. Thank you for joining in our challenge at Cardz 4 Galz. Caz. DT.

Anita in France said...

Hahaha ... how brilliant, Jane ... that cat scratching down the 'wallpaper' is so fun ... such a great way to encourage and support the recipient! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Very fun and clever!! Great design, perfect to match the sentiment!