Thursday 23 April 2020

Butterfly and roses

I think this is only the second outing for the butterfly cut-and-emboss folder with matching stamps that came with a craft magazine last year.


I'd been a bit stumped by the Butterfly Challenge this time, nothing in the choices seemed to tickle my mojo. Then I was rummaging through an old box of papers for materials for a different project and realised I still had a few sheets of Black Magic Core-dinations  card left - one of which had the backing colour  matching "Wheat" on the butterfly wheel. So out came the folder, I embossed the black magic card then sanded it away so the butterflies and roses showed through. 

I flipped the die cut butterfly and stamped the matching image on the reverse side, then stuck the embossed card over the background paper and stamped the sentiment through the aperture. The paper was chosen to co-ordinate with a new trio of markers which i used to colour the butterfly, before attaching it with foam pads. 

I am sharing this with 

The Butterfly Challenge - I've just chosen the one element, Wheat

Addicted to Stamps and More - Anything goes 

4 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Love your colour combo, Jane. That embossing looks fab, Jo x

Hazel (Didos) said...

This is super, what a great card, Hazel xx

Izzy Scrap said...

Beautiful ! Love how the colours of your butterfly matches the PP. Great use of the black background too, the butterfly pops up brilliantly. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at ATSM.

Mrs A. said...

Wow Jane, you might have been a bit stumped to start with but this card is gorgeous. Love the whole design concept. Thankyou for coming and spinning the wheel with me this week. Hugs Mrs A.