Thursday 23 April 2020

Party like it's 1999

Odd to think, isn't it, that most people under the age of 40 may have never seen a cassette tape, and even the 40-somethings only knew them as something their parents had! Do you remember how hedgerows at the sides of busy roads were often festooned with tape that irate drivers had yanked out of the car stereo and thrown out of the window after yet another tangle? Happy days!!!


For this card I used a Darice music embossing folder and stamps from a set  that was sent to me to test a couple of years ago by a magazine that was thinking of having it as a potential cover mount, so I don't know the brand. I never saw the set appear on a magazine - perhaps other testers gave the same feedback as I did, that it was fun but not very versatile because of only being likely to appeal to an older audience. But nonetheless, it IS fun for the right person and occasion. I've even coloured my cassette to match the ones I used to use in my teens.

I am sharing this with

Retro Rubber - Anything goes 
RRCB 133


The Male Room - Music 



9 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Fun card, love it.

Dotty Jo said...

Great card, Jane! Do you remember how often we had to put a pencil into one of the holes to wind it up tight again? Jo x

Hazel (Didos) said...

I love this!! I recall taping Top of the Pops on Sunday nights back in the day!! WE have been laughing this week as Dads been listening to his mix tapes from his traveling salesman days this week, hes surprised they are all still playing after all these years!! Hazel xx

Jan Clothier said...

I do indeed remember cassettes - and the frustration they could cause! Nice card for those of us over a certain age! I've got that embossing folder, so it's nice to see how someone else has used it. Lovely card! Thank you for joining us at Retro Rubber Challenge.

Linby said...

Fab card - my OH still uses tapes lol!
Thanks for sharing with us at The Male Room.
Linby x
DT

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! Yes I remember, I even found a tape of my son talking to me in 1981 recently, when he was 5, how am I going to play it? :(
I LOVE your card, the embossed background is perfect and the tape is just wonderful. Thanks for the memories. Thank you so much for joining us in our Music challenge at The Male Room this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

Faith The Male Room DT

Andreja said...

What a beautiful "Music" card you made :-))
Thanks for joining us at The Male Room!

Claire Grantham said...

hahaha, love it and your notes about the demographic. I literally was just explaining to my 10 year old nephew the concept of cassette tapes! I really love the embossing folder that makes your red tape pop. Thanks for joining us this time at Retro Rubber. Cx DT

creative lady said...

Love the embossing in the background. I remember cassette tapes. Thanks for sharing with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.