Saturday 4 April 2020

Flowers and Lace

It's here! NBUS (Never Before Usced Schtuff) has its very own blog with monthly challenges - and what perfect timing, as so many of us seem to be using lockdown to explore our unplayed-with supplies.

Here I've mixed some of my oldest NBUS with some of my newest - the doiley stamp is from a Dovecraft stamp set that must be 7 or 8 years old yet has never seen ink (well, I generally use REAL lace but I'm almost out of it and browsing the shops for more isn't an option right now), and the flowers corner and sentiment from a set that came with the latest issue of Creative Stamping.


I used the misti and a square template I have made with the centre and diagonals marked to position the stamps, and stamped the doiley in the centre and the blossom spray at the corners, turning the card four times to get the corner sprays in exactly the right position. Then I coloured the sprays with Promarkers, using two shades of pink for the flowers and making delicate, feathery strokes on the upper side of the petals to allow a little of the white card to show through giving the petals highlights then using a solid colour for the rolled -over undersides at the edges. I edged the panel and base card with a touch of the same pink ink I'd used to stamp the doiley.

I am sharing this with

Allsorts Challenge - Something old, something new 

Passion For Promarkers - Flowers and Lace 

Inkspirational - Spring 



NBUS - Challenge 13 (challenge 13 in a new challenge? It's a long story and you probably already know it.)

Grab our badge to display on your blog


10 comments:

Elaine Stark said...

A beautiful card. Thanks for joining Passion for Promarkers. Elaine

Nat said...

Love your [pretty flowers! Thank you for joining in at PFP
Naty

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful card and what a great idea!

Linda Mc Enery said...

Isn't it awesome to finally get to use something you've had for so long! This is gorgeous! I love the pretty corners. It's so unique for a doily to be the centre focus. I LOVE IT! Thanks for sharing this with us at Passion for Promarkers!
Linda

Darnell said...

Well, maybe not so much a new challenge as a resurrected one! When I was putting it together with the tabs and whatnot, I was referring to NBUS I and NBUS II and that got me so confused that I figured if I was confused than others would be, too, and I just went with #13. That only took a few days and several drafts to figure out, haha. Ah, the ravages of an aged addled brain. But that's not why you rang.

There is nothing aged and addled about your pretty card, Jane! And that doily is a classic no matter what age. You've really created a lovely card! Take care, be safe, and thank you for sharing at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Sarn said...

Hi Jane

Your square card with all the pretty stamping on it is just lovely.

Take care. Stay safe and well.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Kathyk said...

FAB NBUS make - always good to use it

Happy Easter, stay well

Kathyk

Mervi said...

Beautiful card.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Tracy said...

Fab creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

cm said...

Lovely Spring card; the flowers have especially brightened my day! Thank you for joining us in the Inkspirational gallery!
~carol