Friday 24 April 2020

Cat-a-comb

It's like a honeycomb, but filled with cats!


I recently  took advantage of a real bargain when a website called Cat Mad Gifts decided to stop selling stamps and dies and reduced their entire stock to 1p an item - with free postage! I got 2 sheets of stamps and 3 sets of dies, and here I've used one of the die sets and a sentiment from one of the stamp sets. Everything came unlabelled so I've no idea what brand they are. I've made a background of hexagonal die cut shapes from all the snippets of pink patterned paper in my snippets basket, and used another snippet of plain pink to stamp the sentiment and black to cut the cats. 

I wish I'd had a die a teensy bit smaller so the entire patchwork panel would have fitted on the card - the next size down was slightly too small for some of the cats, but if I put the patchwork panel on a bigger card it looked a bit lost. There's a big difference between a CAS card with loads of white space and a card that has white space that isn't needed! 
ed
I'm sharing this with

Cardz 4 Galz - Black and Pink 

Pixie's Crafty Workshop - Challenge 376 

By the way, if you take a look at my Awards page you'll see that all my badges, blinkies and banners that I've earned so far this year have  vanished - for some obscure reason Blogger had removed them all and repopulated the page with the entire text of a recent post. And also removed the page from my navigation bar. I've set up a brand new page to replace it, but my apologies to any of you visiting from blogs where I've been recognised in the past - I DID display your badges until this calamity happen! 

Talking of calamities, I hope you are staying safe and well. My Mum has been feeling very sad this week - one day she saw a funeral pass the house, and since none of her usual visitors are dropping in at the moment didn't know until a few days later that it was one of her friends, who had been in a home due to dementia and caught Coronavirus while she was in there. Sad times when people are unable to mourn those they have known for so long - almost 90 years in this case. 

6 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Love this card. What a lucky find. Have a great day.

Di said...

Hellooo Jane! I spotted your lovely comment and rushed straight over. First of all, I love this card - wonderful use of snippets and what luck to grab those dies at knock-down rates! Did you know that Clearly Besotted have a few free digis on their site? Two in particular are so apt for the lockdown. Wow, I can almost smell those sausage rolls from here - enjoy. I made my Lemon Drizzle cake the other day (recipe on the blog and have cheese scones lined up sometime soon as well. I think lots of us are turning to cooking. It's many years since I made my own flaky pastry - very satisfying. And, the Spanish Riding School must have been a disappointment. A good few years ago I went to Vienna with a friend for the Christmas Markets - we couldn't even book to see the horses as they were on tour (horses on tour? Whatever). Such a shame. But we did have Apfelstrudel and Sacher Torte in the Cafe Mozart a couple of afternoons. As you say, it's a beautiful city - I can see why you and Mark love it so much. Back to your card, as always, it's great!

Hugs

Di xx

Mrs A. said...

Pink and cats what more could
I want ! Brilliant card. Just made carrot soup for lunch and
I have Braised Beef ( chasseur style) cooking away for tea tonight. Both recipes from Morrison’s. I made Strawberry and Banna Muffins last night (though
I had to use Strawberry jam in lieu of real ones) but they got the thumbs up from Hubby.
Hope your keeping safe and well. Hugs Mrs A.

Pamela said...

I think the proportions are fine Jane and the cut of hexagon works well with the lying down cat.
I like this layout so much that I'm going to copy it if you don't mind. My favourite niece has a birthday at the end of May and like me loves cats. This would be perfect for her and I have several different layering hexagon dies so should be able to find a good sized one.
Your poor Mam must have been so upset about her friend and in turn you would have been upset for your Mam. Stay safe and hugs.

Deborah Frings said...

Hi Jane - I think your pussycat honeycomb is just fabulous! The use of all the papers and those kitties - fab. Thanks so much for playing along with our Pink and Black theme at Cardz 4 Galz, Deborah. DT.

Helen said...

Love this, Jane - what a great idea and card layout.

Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz.

Helen x