Tuesday 26 May 2020

A Yo Yo Spinner Card

I'd never heard of a Yo Yo Spinner Card until it appeared on the Butterfly Challenge this time. And Mrs A has kindly given us full and clear instructions for making the spinner.


and when you pull down the butterfly attached to the twine,  the number spins and the rest of the sentiment is revealed!


This technique came at the perfect time for me as I was looking around  for an idea for my granddaughter's 11th birthday card. She's at that awkward age where she's too old for children's things and too young for teenage ones, but she's a keen crafter with a love of trying different techniques and she's also fascinated by engineering, so she's going to love the spinner element. 

It took me a lot of rummaging to approximately match the colours of this time's Butterfly Challenge but i think these are pretty close, although I'm very low on shades of blue card at the moment, I can never find one that's neither too light nor too dark.  I've used lots of die cuts, running the largest circle through an embossing folder, edging it with blue ink and then adding tiny liquid pearls dots to the flower centres. The butterflies are finished off with enamel dots. 

So, with apologies for the shade of blue, I am sharing this with the Butterfly Challenge where I am claiming all 7 elements (my choice being embossing/enamel dots) 

I am also sharing this with Crafty Cardmakers where the theme is Butterflies



1 comment:

Mrs A. said...

Hi Jane, shades only have to be general so as long as I can see the three colours your good to go. Excellent idea to use the number on your spinner. My Grandaughter is 10yrs next month and I was pondering how to incorporate the yo yo element as she is not at all girlie though she does like pink. Wil take a leaf out of your book!! Off to make some cheese scones for lunch with a bottle of procesco. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me this challenge. Hugs Mrs A.