Thursday 7 May 2020

Another attempt at Bokeh

A few months ago I tried a bokeh effect background but was pretty unhappy with it. However I still had the template I had made by die cutting various sizes of circle into a sheet of strong card, so I decided to have another try, and this time I made sure the colours worked well together by separately using all 5 shades from a Kaleidacolor pad. To do this, I din't push the strips together in the usual way, and picked up each colour with a smallish spong that didn't overlap onto the next strip.


I kept the more intense colours to the outer edge of the rectangle and emphasised that by inking the edges of the finished piece. Then I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment onto vellum and wrapped it around the panel before attaching to the card. 

I am sharing this with 

The Male Room - Sentiment in Focus 


A Place to Start -  Create a custom background 

6 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

lovely card, I have not tried this technique yet, it looks very interesting. love the shades of blue (I have that ink pad) and the tip about separating them

Crafting Queen said...

Really lovely background you created. Stay safe.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! You have perfected the idea, this is fabulous, love the background and the sentiment on vellum is a great touch. Thank you so much for joining us in our Sentiment in focus challenge at The Male Room this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

Faith The Male Room DT

Donna Ellis said...

I love your monochromatic bokeh circles, Jane!

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great technique & the shade of blue you have used are perfect

Thank you for sharing with us at 'A Place To Start' this month
Stay Safe
Hugs Shell xx

Chana Malkah said...

Congratulations, you were selected as a Rising Star for the week: May 4-10, 2020 at At Place To Start! Thanks for sharing your talent with us and for supporting our little challenge. We appreciate you!

Resident Design Team
A Place To Start