Saturday, 9 May 2015

Birthday Fishes

It's one layer week again at Less is More, and this week the theme is Water. I decided to make an underwater scene using a tropical fish stamp. I stamped and embossed it three times, then masked off the images and lightly scribbled watercolour pencils on the background then blended them with a waterbrush. When it was dry, I stamped the pebbles at the bottom, coloured in the fish and added seaweed and air bubbles freehand.

To my surprise, I didn't have a stamp of the greeting "Birthday Fishes" - I wonder why not? So I decided to make a feature of the fact by stamping Birthday Wishes then correcting it in red ink, schoolteacher style!

9 comments:

  1. Great scene, love the way you've created your pebbles along the bottom.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More GD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, what cute little fish. I just love how you created the sentiment you want! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous, fun and colourful take on the water theme
    Love how you've amended the sentiment - very cool
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card!Love it :)
    Best wishes,Nessa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this ..... so much fun! xx

    ReplyDelete