Sunday 4 November 2018

A visit to Venice

I've never actually been to Venice, in fact I've explored very little of Italy. However I've had this sweet digi for several years and this is the first time I've used it. The image combines the ancient architecture of the city with the modern scooter girl (not wearing a helmet, I notice) so I combined the modern digi image with very vintage style papers to continue the old-meets-new theme.



Being an André Rieu fan, when I think of Venice, I think of music, and I also associate it with Shakespeare, so I've teamed my image with a selection of music and Shakespeare papers from an old Debbi Moore magazine. I only kept the papers, so I can't recall the title of the mag, but the theme seems to be Carnival in Venice and if you look really closely you will see that even the roses are designed to look as if they are made from musical scores.

I am sharing this with
Cardz 4 Galz - Let's go digital 
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - Anything goes  
Just Us Girls - Music 

5 comments:

Debbie Mageed said...

Cute card! I love that digi image! (I was in Venice recently and really don't know where a scooter could go there! It's just way too crowded with tourists all the time. But maybe there was a time when they were popular ;) ) I always love your creativity and this card is no exception! Thank you for playing with us at Cardz 4 Galz and hope you can join us again soon.

Lisa Kind said...

Lovely card! I love your addition of music to your cute Venetian image. Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is such a great design with your collage style and very cool fold. The music pieces make it perfect for our challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!

Tammy said...

Oh what a fun card and fold Jane! I love that image and the gorgeous vintage papers! Thanks so much for joining us over at Cardz for Galz!
Tammy x

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous card, wonderful design, thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts PP Challenge. Xxxx