Sunday 11 November 2018

Bleached Geisha


This Oriental Lady stamp is at least 20 years old, she came in a grab bag I bought so I don't know what brand she is. I stamped her onto pink card and then used a waterbrush filled with bleach to remove the colour from the skin areas - oooh that naughty lady isn't wearing anything under that scarf!

The background also uses bleach, it's a scrap left over from a previous project. The dark blue card has been sprayed and splattered with bleach, and where the bleach has landed, it has produced an aqua colour. It's always a good idea to test a scrap of your card before using bleach - sometimes it makes no difference at all, sometimes it goes completely white and sometimes you get a surprise. I've seen one green card that turned red when bleached!

I've added some candi, a silk butterfly and a piece of origami paper that picks up the pink of the topper, the blue of the background, the red of the butterfly and the ochre of the matting paper.

I am sharing this with the Butterfly Challenge, where my original idea had been just to use the colour rose, but it sort of evolved as I went along when I realised I only had one silk butterfly left and it wasn't the pink one I'd thought it was, and I appear to have used all three of the challenge colours. My candi is round, I have repeated the row of three dots at the top and bottom of the card and the blue layer is recycled from a previous project, so I think, possibly rather tenuously, I have snuck into the "all seven elements" category, quite by accident!

I am also sharing with Just Us Girls where I've been able to use my bleach in two different ways.

2 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Gorgeous card Jane and I thought just the same about her not wearing any undies under her scarf. Lol. I have an orienal lady stamp which is also yrs old but mine is from Crafty Individuls. Thankyou for coming and donning the butterfly wheel with me this week. Hugs Mrs A.

Ina G said...

Oh Jane this is just a masterpiece of bleached perfection. Such an amazing card with the oriental paper the perfect finishing touch to such a beautiful Lady. Thank you so much for sharing her with us at Just Us Girls this week.