Tuesday 13 November 2018

Round and Round

I'm sure when the team at Twofers chose their theme this month, they were trying to point us towards Christmas cards, because the word prompt is WREATH.

So, being a stubborn type, I couldn't make a Christmas card, could I? Instead I dug out a very old stamp (it's marked 1998), the Stampendous "Rose Ring".




and now a closer look at them:


This one I stamped in Versamark ink and heat embossed with silver powder. I actually intended doing the stamping in silver too, I opened a brand new silver ink pad but although it coats the stamp easily enough,  when I stamp it, the image doesn't transfer to the paper. I don't know what's wrong with it so I think I'll have to try it with a different stamp and possibly return it as faulty. Anyway, that's by-the-by, the silver wreath has the calm, elegant look I like to use on sympathy cards so I used a simply sympathy sentiment in the centre.

I am sharing this with
Less is More - metallic


Now on to the next one - same stamp, same layout...


… but this time stamped in Black Memento, coloured with Promarkers and matted with red to match the roses, with a birthday sentiment in the middle.

I am sharing this with
Allsorts challenge - Poppies or the colour Red

15 comments:

brenda said...

TA beautiful wreath stamp which looks lovely in both colourways, many thanks for joining in with our 'Poppies or Red' theme at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Sue Boniwell said...

I love the silver card best it so elegent and would look good for most cards, but sympathy cards its perfect.X

Sue - said...

Two lovely cards Jane!

Darnell said...

These cards are CASlicious, crisp, and gorgeous, Jane! Go you for not making a Christmas card! I have a feeling you were a real standout in school!! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #11! Hugs, Darnell

Crafting Queen said...

Two truly beautiful cards.

Kathleen said...

Two super CAS cards and a really lovely image which looks great in both of these cards. Thank you for joining our Poppies or Red challenge at Allsorts.

Kath x

crafty-stamper said...

Both beautiful CAS cards and look so different with the two techniques
Carol x

Linby said...

Two gorgeous cards - love how you did the two techniques to get these different cards.
Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.
Lynn x
DT

Happy Dance said...

I love the silver embossing on your first card! It's so pretty, and is perfect for a sympathy card. And that stamp looks so different stamped in black and colored in those pretty reds and greens. Both cards are wonderfully CAS, too. Thank you so much for joining us at the Twofer Challenge. Bev

Trina P. said...

Two lovely cards, Jane. I’m a fan of silver and your CAStastic sympathy card is beautiful and classy. Thank you for joining us at Less is More. x

Kathyk said...

Popped across from the LIM challenge to admire your metallic make only to see there's a twofer using the same image - fab work

Kathyk

StirYourCreativity said...

Great way of stretching the supplies. Really inspiring

Sybrina K said...

Jane, What pretty CAS cards! Thanks so much for playing along with this month's Twofer Wreath Challenge. :)

Anita in France said...

Such an elegant sympathy card, Jane ... the purity of the embossed rose wreath is beautiful! Your birthday card is so pretty ... the bold greens and reds are fabulous against all the crisp white! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

These are beautiful Jane and don't the look so different with those two treatments? You classy and stylish sympathy card has blown me away, it is gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Less is More xx