Wednesday 7 November 2018

Ink-SHRED-ible!

Well, if Banksy can shred his art, so can I!  And when I saw that the new challenge at The Male Room  is Inspired by a famous artist I just had to get shredding.


Rather than a little girl losing her balloon, I've used a little teddy, and instead of making him a silhouette I've kept to grey tones when colouring him in with Promarkers. I would normally add some depth and highlights to the balloon, but I wanted the "flat" appearance of the Banksy original.
I die cut a "picture frame" from kraft card, then lightly streaked gold wax over it. I stuck the image behind the frame then trimmed the top and sides close, leaving a piece of white showing at the bottom which I snipped with scissors then lightly curled to give a "shredding" effect.

I am sharing this with
The Male Room - Inspired by an artist
Addicted to Stamps and More - Make Your Mark

6 comments:

Dawn Phillips said...

Fabulous take on the theme. It's brilliant. Love Dawn x

Linby said...

ha ha very topical Jane and a great card.
Thanks for sharing with us at The Male Room.
Linby x
DT

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! Jane this is just perfect, Banksy rides again, I LOVE LOVE LOVE your take on him. Thank you so much for joining us in our Inspired by an artist challenge at The Male Room this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

Faith The Male Room DT
Daffodil Cards {My Blog}

The Male Room
themaleroomchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk

Susan Renshaw said...

Such fun!
Thank you for sharing with Addicted to Stamps and More!
Susan
Addicted to Stamps and More
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Andreja said...

Beautiful card for the Inspired by a Famous Artist challenge at The Male Room :-))
Thanks for playing along with us and looking forward to seeing your again.

Lady Joyful said...

This card is fantastic! Really great design and the touch of the shredding is just so fun! Thank you for joining us at The Male Room - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT (PS, Sorry it's taken so long for me to comment - life has been hectic these past months!)