Saturday 27 April 2019

Blackpool trams

This might seem a rather strange card to send a 93 year old lady, but it's the card I've made for my Mum's birthday in a couple of weeks' time.


You see, ever since she was a child she's  been in love with trams. She has quite a collection of tram related memorabilia - books, postcards and models, and she's even done a lovely cross stitch picture of a Blackpool tram. Our childhood visits to Blackpool always involved several tram rides - they were the high spot of the trip for her. So when I saw these fab tram stamps from Picture This, I knew I had to have them!

I've coloured them in colours as close as I could to  the trams that run along the seafront in Blackpool, and used some sea-themed papers printed from various CDs. I really wanted to include something that clearly referenced Blackpool, and eventually I found a topper on a La Pashe CD - most of it showed a couple in Victorian bathing suits but with a bit of very careful trimming I managed to get a glimpse of Blackpool Tower peeping out from behind the trams. I think my Mum will love this!

I am sharing this with Fab'n'Funky - Vehicles 

2 comments:

Liz said...

Fabulous card, Jane. It brought back lovely memories of visits to Blackpool as a child. Your Mum is going to LOVE this. xx

Sue - said...

I think it is a fabulous card and I’m sure your Mum will love it too.