Saturday 13 April 2019

Oriental dragonflies

Oh look, it's THAT stamp again! The dragonfly stamp that I thought I wasn't going to use very much... how wrong could I be?


This time I have stamped and embossed it with gold on black card. Using gold ink for the stamping rather than Versamark does mean losing some of the detail, but I had to balance that against wanting to be certain that the embossing showed up well against the black background - and of course there is lots of detail elsewhere in the card.

Everything else I've used here is very VERY old stash - the Chinese writing stamp I used on the red panel is one of my oldest stamps, the background paper is probably over 20 years old, the Chinese coins are from my one and only visit to the QVC outlet store in Birchwood (is it still there?) - I don't recall when it was but my Mum was with me and walking, and she's been confined to a wheelchair for at least ten years. But in terms of age, the real star of the show is the gold thread, Twilley's Goldfingering,  that I've looped through the loops in the coins. I bought this while I was at University, so it was some time between 1973 and 1976.

I am sharing this with

Use Your Stuff - Flora and Fauna 

Allsorts Challenge - Blossoms, Butterflies, Bugs 

Addicted to Stamps and More - Anything Goes

6 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful Oriental card and stamping love the gold embossed dragonflies
Carol x

brenda said...

So striking in these colours Jane and nice to see Oriental again, thanks so much for joining our 'Blooms, Butterflies and Bugs' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Dawn Phillips said...

That's so lovely. Love Dawn x

Izzy Scrap said...

Beautiful Oriental design ! The typical card for the Chinese New Year. Your gold embossing on black is beautiful and makes such a lovely contrast with the red panel. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Addicted to Stamps and More.

Mummylade said...

Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Allsorts this week with your creation.

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x