Saturday 20 April 2019

Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers - Nerd

This fortnight at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers our challenge is Nerd. And doesn't Edna look gloriously nerdy?



Now different people find different things nerdy - maybe Harry Potter or Doctor Who, maybe computers, maybe maths. But as a bit of a science nerd myself, I always think of all things scientific as being nerdy. I'm the kind of person who laughs at jokes like "There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary and those who don't." So you'll understand why I already had the Kate Hadfield "Science Time" digi stamp set in my collection.


I used the black and white jpgs for this card, using Craft Artist and the atom and molecule images to create a background then superimposing the boy over it. After printing, I coloured it with pencils and added Glossy Accents to the goggles and conical flask.

The sentiment - which I borrowed from a list of nerd pick up lines - is computer generated. I keep changing my mind about whether it sounds cute, creepy or downright sinister!

Why not share your nerdy creations with us and see if you can become Queen or Princess of Snark?

I am sharing this with

The Male Room - Anything goes (optional twist one layer) 



Watercooler Wednesday - Masculine Anything Goes 

10 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

This is great, Jane, love this little scientist! Jo x

Karen Brown said...

I LOVE your masculine "scientist" card. The background and main image are perfect! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

Chris Dring said...

I'm thinking the way you perceive the sentiment depends on what type of mood you're in. LOL! It's brilliant regardless as is your entire card!

Barbara Godden said...

Super cute nerdy card, love it.

Dawn Phillips said...

Brilliant nerdy card. I thought is was a sweet sentiment...until you mentioned sinister. Love Dawn x

Created by Kath said...

Your sentiment made me smile! Thank you for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges!

Lindsey said...

Hmm, I think it sounds cute/sexy! :D And a perfect science nerd card.

Donna said...

Ohhhhhhhhh nerdy and flirty...a great combination!
Fab job sistah!
♥ ♥

Wei said...

How lovely. Love the chemical compounds signs on the background. Thanks for playing along with us at The Male Room. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

Monika Skinner said...

Great card for a science lover! Thanks for playing along at The Male Room Craft Challenge. Good Luck!