Friday 5 April 2019

Escape to Narnia

My friend and I have a standing joke that when times are tough for one of us, we're going to run away to Narnia. Recently she's had a particularly stressful time and i thought she needed a card to cheer her up - so of course it had to be Narnia themed!


The lamp post stamp is a recent magazine freebie - I could NOT get it to sit straight! Even when i pressed it firmly to the plate of my stamping platform, coaxing it to follow the grid lines, by the time I'd inked it, it had snuck back into its preferred bendy shape. However i'm sure the lamp post in Narnia was very ancient and probably leaning a bit due to age wasn't it?

I coloured it with pencils, using a blending stump to tease out rays to emulate lamplight.

I am sharing this with Less is More - shine a light

4 comments:

Kathyk said...

WOW! Fab make for the LIM challenge, the lion is just terrific, Jane

Kathyk

Sherri Thacker said...

This is as cute as can be and will bring a smile to your friend's face!!

Dotty Jo said...

This is adorable and your friend will love it. Jo x PS I'm coming too.

Izzy Scrap said...

Adorable CAS card ! And what a lovely story behind. Love your clean design and your colouring is amazing. I'm sure your friend loved her card ! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Less is More.