You know all about me and dragonflies by now - so you'll understand that I simply couldn't resist this beautiful Tonic Studios die and had to open and use it as soon as it popped through the letterbox.
I made a DL card from kraft cardstock and used the piece of card I'd cut off the A4 sheet to cut and emboss the gorgeous dragonfly swirl, backed with Stick-it. I used a fingertip dauber to dab a tiny bit of Tea Dye distress ink over the two dragonflies, just so they didn't merge with the swirls quite so much.
For the background I cut a white panel then inked it all over with Twisted Citron distress oxide, sprayed a little water over where I wanted the die cut to go and blotted it off to give some slightly lighter areas. I used Tea Dye distress ink to stencil the broken mesh in opposite corners and with the same ink, used the Gentleman Crafter stamp set to stamp a few dotty clusters.
The sentiment is stamped with a Paper Artsy stamp and Versafine ink.
I am sharing this with
The Butterfly Challenge - I've used just two elements, Key Lime and Kraft
Crafty Cardmakers - It's a bug's life - this is my first visit to this challenge. I can't believe it's run for 239 challenges and I've never heard of it before!