Monday 26 August 2019

Any Dream Will Do

I've been singing that all day, because I've just found out that the technique I've always called "Emboss resist over a multicoloured inky background" is also known by the much snappier name of  "Joseph's Coat"  - and that led me to think of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat and hence the song Any Dream Will Do.

I'm waffling too much, aren't I? Here's the card!


I made a background using distress inks in red and two shades of green then used clear embossing powder and Versamark ink to heat emboss the wonderful Uniko Block Party Christmas stamp over it. Finally I sponged black Versafine ink all over and buffed the raised areas with a tissue.

I am sharing this with

52 Christmas Card Throwdown - Joseph's Coat 


Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - Embossing wet/dry 

5 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

So that's what Joseph's Coat technique ia all about! Great card, Jane, and an excellent explanation too, Jo x

MagsB said...

This is fab, Jane, so very vibrant!

love Mags B x

Liz said...

Beautiful card, Jane. This technique is on my list the things to try. xx

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and great technique
carol x

Susan Renshaw said...

Great technique - must try it!
Thank you for sharing with Crafty Hazelnut's Weekly Christmas Challenge!
Susan
DT for CHNC
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!