Saturday 10 August 2019

Fabulous fuchsias

I always have a struggle when I'm asked to choose my favourite flower - to me flowers are so essential in all their forms that it's like being asked to choose my favourite lung. So I generally opt for whichever flower I'm in the mood for at the time - a luxury one generally doesn't have with lungs! And today I'm in the mood for fuchsias.


I blended pale pink distress ink around the outside of the card, then ran a darker pink pad around the edge. Then I smooshed the darker pink onto my mat, added a splash of water and picked it up on a large paintbrush which I flicked over the card at different angles to produce random splashes and streaks.

After leaving it to dry, I used the Misti to stamp the zig zag stitched border around the card. It wasn't quite long enough to position exactly where I wanted, so when the rest of the card was complete I filled in the gaps with pink pearl enamel dots. Then I stamped the flowers and sentiment and coloured the flowers with Promarkers.  The fuchsia stamp is one I've had for several years  - I *think* it is from Clearly Besotted but it might be Uniko. I'm a big fan of both!

I am sharing this with

Make my Monday - Friendship  
Passion for Promarkers - Flower Power 
The Flower Challenge - Use your favourite flower 

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a pretty CAS card, Jane! Love the stitching frame. Thank you for playing in my Friendship challenge at Make My Monday and hope you can join us again soon.

Crafty KJ said...

Aw this is fab Jane! Lovely image and I love the splattering! That border looks great too and that sentiment is just perfect. Thanks for joining in with my challenge this week at Passion for Promarkers. Hugs, Karen xx

Sue - said...

That is such a pretty card Jane, love all your splashes! Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday

Dawn Phillips said...

Such a pretty card Jane. Love Dawn x

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday, good luck!!! Amy DT

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card Fushias are one of my favourite flowers-used to have a pretty big collection
Carol x

Viv said...

Such a beautiful card and flowers, thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge ;) Viv DT xx