Tuesday 3 September 2019

A Christmas Barcode

The challenge at Christmas Kickstart this time is a photo inspiration challenge - but not any old photo, it's the blog header.


I love the "barcode" effect of the scarf and hat brim and decided to base my card around it.


I masked off most of the card front and used alcohol markers to rule a random barcode design in the space remaining. Then I stamped and heat embossed the word Christmas, using aqua ink and clear powder, and stamped the smaller words in red without embossing. To tidy the edges of the barcode I added a gold peel-off border which picks up on the small amount of gold in the inspiration photo. Finally I backed the  barcode area with white card to avoid the ink showing through on the inside.

I am, of course, sharing this with Christmas Kickstart and  am also popping in to Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge

5 comments:

Swissie said...

What a splendid idea to use the barcode effect on the card! Something new! Great card, Jane!
I am so glad I now can post comments again. Have not been able do it for years. Changed my browser, and that works.
I wish you a nice day!
Hugs, Liv

Angelnorth said...

Fabulous take on the header, I love the festive stripes of the "barcode" you created and the little gold strip to finish off the edge was inspired - great card!

Dotty Jo said...

OMG - love your 'barcode' effect, Jane. What a fabby take on the header. Thanks for playing along, Jo x

Mrs A. said...

Brilliant!! Love this card. Sooooooo simple, soooooooo . Sooooooooo not jealous you thought of it first! Hugs Mrs A.

Catie Cuddles said...

Stunning! Simply stunning!
Thank you for sharing with us at Craftyhazelnuts Christmas challenge blog. Sorry I am late to visit... but better late than never! 😀
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT