Sunday 29 September 2019

Big bold butterfly

When I resurrected my large autumn leaves stamp last week I enjoyed it so much that I decided to bring out another stamp from the set, this time a giant butterfly. (The third and final one is dragonflies - but then you'd probably already guessed that if a range of stams contained a dragonfly, i would have it!).


I coloured it with Promarkers, using the Butterfly Challenge's colours of mint, magnolia and mandarin for the background and those of the central butterfly on Addicted to Stamps's beautiful photo inspiration for the butterfly. I added twisted mats of the background colours and a stamped sentiment. I considered adding some gems or pearls to the corner but with such a bold, bright image it all seemed a bit Too Much and guided the eye away from the butterfly, so I didn't stick them in place.

I am sharing this with

Addicted to stamps - photo inspiration 


Butterfly Challenge - Letter M   (I have used Magnolia, Mint, Mandarin and Marker Pens)


Watercooler Wednesday - All about occasions 

9 comments:

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful bold butterfly, makes lovely card for autumn

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful card, great stamp.

crafty-stamper said...

Love the beautiful butterfly and all the wonky angles
carol x

Dawn Phillips said...

I can see why you love this stamp set. It makes stunning cards. Love Dawn x

Nora Noll said...

This is GORGEOUS!!! I LOVE the butterfly that you used!!!

Mrs A. said...

The three B's. Big, Bold and Beautiful. I love this card. It is soooo striking. Thankyou for coming and spining the butterfly wheel with me this challenge. Hugs Mrs A.

Created by Kath said...

Such a great birthday card! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges!

Gwendolyn said...

Jane this is simply gorgeous! Wow what a fab design! Thanks for sharing it with us at Addicted to stamps and more and we look forward to seeing more of your wonderful creations again soon! Hugs, Gwendolyn

Monika Reeck said...

Great interpretation of the photo inspiration Jane
the big butterfly really caught my eyes
adorable card Jane
missing you..
I am sorry so late
but many thanks for joining us at ATSM this time
hugs
Monika