Wednesday 18 September 2013

A Get Well Card

This week at Less is  More  it's the dreaded One Layer Challenge with a theme of Get Well,  while at ATCAS the code word is Get Well. This  is my (rather feeble) attempt at both challenges. I don't think the old brain cell is working too well this week.....
I do tend to struggle with  one layer cards, never being quite confident in my own judgement over where the borderline between "not enough" and "too much" lies. I stamped the flowers and greeting  in the corner of the card, and it looked rather TOO simple, so I dry embossed a diagonal line and a double row of scallops. However I simply could NOT get the lighting right so it's almost impossible to see my embossing.

 
 
The embossing shows up a little better with the card laid flat
 

5 comments:

Linby said...

It's lovely Jane and I think that the embossing is just the right finishing touch.
Lynn x

Vicky Hayes said...

What a pretty card Jane! It reminds me of a pretty hankerchief, all neatly folded! Vicky x

Loll said...

Hi Jane. Your flower spray in the bottom corner is so pretty ... love the bright and cheerful colors! The embossing adds a nice detail. Great job with the one layer card ... I find them difficult as well. And thanks for joining us at ATCAS. Loll

Chrissie said...

This is simply lovely!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

Unknown said...

Hello Jane - what a pretty card. I love the embossing but it is so difficult to capture on a photo, but you can definitely see it here. Thanks so much for joining us for this challenge at A2CAS.

Karen x