Sunday 29 September 2013

Christmas Shopping - Fifties Style!

This week's challenge at CD Sundays is "The 1950s" so naturally I went straight for my Joanna Sheen "Viva la Divas" CD. I love this CD for the selection of 50s style images brought bang into the 21st century with their witty captions.

There's lots of attention to detail - if you look carefully through the back window of the car you can see an authentic 1950s street scene, complete with a classic Morris Minor in the background. But what I love most about this image is that having been a little girl in the 1950s myself, I can remember having a coat exactly like the one the little girl is wearing.


 
 


10 comments:

Jocelyn said...

What a great card. I love the button embellishments, they look just like the ones on their coats. Thank you for being first and joining us this week at CD Sunday.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Marina said...

I love everything about this :the image, the gatefold, the buttons....fab card. Marina

Carol said...

What a great card. Absolutely perfect for the 1950's. A great Christmas card as well.
Thank you for joining in with us.
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT

Beryl said...

Brilliant 1950's image and a super card. Thank you for joining in the challenge.
Beryl xx
CD Sunday DT

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I do love the sentiment in this great card Jane. Thanks for joining us this week at CD Sunday.

Sue T x
CD Sunday DT

Cazro said...

A great card, so nostalgic I had a camel coat like that. loving the addition of the sentiment. Thanks for being with us again at CD Sunday Challenges. Caz

Christine said...

A super card and a super 1950's image. Love the sentiment, so true in this day and age.
Thanks for being 1st this week and joining in with us at CD Sunday.
Christine xx
CD Sunday DT

starcyl said...

A great card and I do like the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

sue-b said...

What a fabulous card, just love it, thanks for joining us at Cd Sunday this week.
sue-b xx

PinkyLisasInkyCrafts said...

This card is brilliant! I love the style of it as well as the fold.
The bright bold colours are cheerful and anyone would love to receive this card.

<3 & hugs
Lisa xxx