Sunday 30 July 2017

Anything Goes at CD Sundays

It's time for our new challenge at CD Sundays, and this time the field is wide open for you because our theme is Anything Goes. You can make anything you like, with any theme you like, just as long as you include something from a CD (not a download) that is currently in your possession.


The image I used is from the Joanna Sheen CD "Viva la Divas". You may recall that I really struggle with this CD - the images are so big that they practically fill the front of an A5 sized card, making it very difficult to be creative with them.

I suppose I could take the images into a graphics programme and reduce them in size, but frankly when I have a CD I want to just print out the things I need and get crafting, to me image manipulation is for downloads. So if I wasn't going to reduce the image, the alternative was to make a bigger card, and here I have used it on an 18cm square card.

The design sheet has the image printed twice, side by side, so I cut just the woman from the second sheet and added it to the first with 3D adhesive to give it a bit of dimension.

The glittery acetate, which needed lots of sanding to make anything stick to it, and the foiled shoe and bag motifs, are from very old kits I bought from QVC many years ago.

9 comments:

meg said...

Fantastic fun sentiment Jane, a great card, love the acetate

Carol said...

Great card Jane but those heels are making my feet ache just looking at them. What is worse - I used to wear them that high. Sigh! - many moons ago.
Carol xx

Pamela said...

A great fun card Jane - perfect for a girl friend who loves fashion.
Pamela
CD Sunday DT.

Cara said...

Fabulous card, the acetate was worth persevering with it looks great. The sentiment is brilliant too!

Margarets designer cards said...

Great card, love the sentiment, not sure if they are that important than shoes.
I love the way you have embellished the card with a great fashion image.
Great card for a fashionable woman

cotnob said...

A fun card Jane, a super image and sentiment and perfect embellishments.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Wynn said...

I know which girl friend I'd send this one too. Great card Jane and fun sentiment!! W x

Seafield Jo said...

Such a fun card Jane, and the acetate is gorgeous. I love all your embellishments too.

Jo x

Jocelyn said...

Great, fun card and I think we all know someone just like that.
Jocelyn x