Monday 31 July 2017

Tropical Heatwave

Heatwave - remember one of those? It feels as if it's been cold, wet and windy forever, and yet only a few weeks ago we were sizzling in near-record temperatures. And here's a reminder of that scorching heat.


First I stencilled red, yellow and orange distress inks through an oval stencil, then I stamped the palm trees with black Versafine and embossed them with clear powder. The stamp is a very, very old unmounted one. I know I bought it in the days before I had internet access (which I got in 1999) by sending off to one of the small ads there used to be in Crafts Beautiful, which was just about the only craft magazine around at the time to cover stamping. How times have changed!

I finished it with two punched leaves, with the sentiment stamped on the top one.

I am sharing this with

CAS on Friday - Exotic
Just us Girls - Something old or Something new (the very old stamp)

4 comments:

Craftychris said...

Gorgeous card! Love the inked oval and the cool silhouette. The leaves are a perfect base for the sentiment, such a brilliant idea!

Cara said...

Beautiful card, so evocative. What a fab idea to add the sentiment to the leaves x

Susan said...

Just perfect for the challenge. Thanks for sharing at CAS on Friday!

Judy Woodland said...

OH, just look at all this tropical goodness, it just makes me smile. I love the clean design here, and using the leaves as a backdrop for the greeting is so clever. Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at Just Us Girls!
Judy~ JUGS DT
{Judy's Happy Place}