Thursday 13 July 2017

Little white dog

The very first film I ever saw at the cinema was Tommy Steele's "Little White Bull" and the tune of the theme song goes through my head every time I see a small white animal. Just thought you'd like to know that, since there's a little white dog on the card.

The current theme at Jingle Belles is a photo challenge :

 
I've used the colours, the snowflakes and that little white Scotty dog as my inspiration, and the fireplace shape reminded me of the X-cut doorway die set.
 
 
I first cut the doorway out of the blue card then embossed it with a brickwork ef,  then backed it with yellow card. Then I cut the door shapes from white and cream and inlaid them into the space I had cut the doorway from in the blue. The fence panels and dog are cut from the same die set, the sentiment is a Craftwork Cards one and the snowflakes, made of stiffened non-woven fabric, are from my stash.
 
Oooh that has given me an idea..... somewhere I still have lots of iron on interfacing from my dressmaking days. I wonder what it's like for stamping and/or diecutting? I feel an experiment coming on!

11 comments:

lauren bergold said...

oh wow, wow, wow! what a beautiful, clever and wonderfully designed holiday card! i seriously cannot imagine a more amazing interpretation of the inspo pic as a card! (& for the record, i kind of want that die set now!!!) ;) thanks for joining our ♥JINGLE BELLES♥ photo inspiration fun! ♥♥♥

Liz said...

What a stunning card, Jane. The colours you've used are so striking and I love the door which actually opens. I haven't seen that die set before. xx

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Jane, a super interpretation of the inspiration photograph.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Crafting Queen said...

Love your card.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card, I LOVE the blue brickwork background it really makes everything else pop :)
Hugs, Kaz x

Linby said...

wow that is beautiful - great take on the photo. I love little white dogs I used to have a Westie but the shape of the head on that die it does look like a white scotty which do exist also!

Barbara Godden said...

Fabulous card, great take on the inspiration picture and a wonderful little scene. adorable little doggie.

Margarets designer cards said...

Gorgeous card, I love the front door and brick work

Cara said...

Brilliant card, love the dog. I had the song going through my head from the minute I saw your title too! Showing my age!

Darnell said...

If anyone ever nailed a challenge better, I'd like to see it! This is outstanding, Jane!! Happy experimenting! I can't wait to see what you create! Hugs, Darnell

SmilynStef said...

Seriously ... inspiration perfection ... your card is so awesome (and I can't wait to see what you do with that interfacing) ... so very glad you got inspired with us at Jingle Belles.