Wednesday 3 October 2018

Watercolouring at Back to Basics

For our latest challenge at Back to Basics and Beyond we would like to see some watercolouring, whether as a background or to colour your main image.

For my card, I have made a background using Brushos (tiny crystals of intense powdered watercolour that explode into colour when they meet water).


I die cut an aperture in my card and mounted the watercolour background behind it, sandwiching a die cut heart dandelion (a Gummiapan die) between the card and background. I added some stamping and a doodles border, then covered the inside with a sheet of card to hide the edges of the background and die cut.

6 comments:

Catie Cuddles said...

I love using brushos... always such a dramatic and beautiful result.
X

meg said...

love the dramatic coloured background Jane, fab card

Liz said...

Stunning card, Jane. Beautiful design and I love the Brusho background. xx

Lisa Bird said...

Wow what fantastic colours. Great design Jane xx
Best Wishes Lisa
craftycard-designs.co.uk

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful card.

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous background and love the die-cut dandelion
Carol x