Friday 14 February 2020

Cor(e) what a pear!


Here are the cards I've made for this month's Twofers Card Challenge, where the theme is Fruit. The stamp I've used on both cards is from a very old Studio G mini set. 


For my first card I used a technique I read about here on Nancy's blog  - blending several shades of green onto kraft card to make an ombré effect and then stencilling the darkest shade over the top.  I used the same inks to stamp the pear and the sentiment from the same set and then finished off with some candi. 

I am sharing this with 

Addicted to CAS - Ombré 

Now my second card


This time I stamped the first and last parts of the sentiment to gauge their positions, stamped pear repeatedly over the remaining card front in Versamark ink and heat embossed with gold powder, then the partridge (fussy cut from a larger image) and middle part of the sentiment on a separate scrap of card. I coloured the partridge with Promarkers and edged the sentiment with a gold Delicata pad. 

I am sharing this with

Christmas Crafts All year Round - Hearts/Love 

Fezziwig's Festive Frolics - Anything Goes

And finally, the two together


And of course I'm sharing these with the second birthday challenge at Twofers - Fruit.  

9 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Both great cards love the embossed pears and the CAS card with the pear and stecilling
Carol x

Hazel (Didos) said...

These are both super, I love using heat embossing for cards, it looks so magical when it is being set. Thanks for playing along with me on Fezziwigs Festive Frolics this fortnight, Hazelxx

Crafting Queen said...

Two great cards, love them.

Dawn Phillips said...

Two fab cards. I like the stencil technique. Love Dawn x

Darnell said...

I love your unique designs, Jane! The ombre shades of green on your striking CAS design look great on the kraft paper! And I love the way you stamped your pear as a background to simulate a pear tree for your pretty partridge to nestle in! Your Twofer photo shows off the brilliance of all that gold!! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #24! Hugs, Darnell

Marcia Hill said...

Two PEAR-fect cards Jane (sorry, couldn't resist!). Love your stenciled background on the kraft card with the simple pear image...perfect! And your gold embossed pear images make a beautiful background for your 2nd card, and I love the partridge all nestled in amongst the pears...lovely, lovely card!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Twofer Challenge!! :0)

Cat Craig said...

The ombre green stenciling on your kraft card makes for a lovely grounding for your pear. The multiple pears on your Christmas card are a wonderful suggestion of a pear tree. Thanks so much for playing along at Twofer Card Challenge!

oldpunca said...

Amazing twofer with pears. I like the CAS with fabulous background and the gold embossed Christmas card. Nicely done pear tree. :-)
Hugs, Sonja

cohenna said...

Beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in the Christmas Crafts All Year Challenge this time and good luck :)