Thursday 6 February 2020

Embossing with water

Inspired by a post on the WOW embossing powder blog I decided to  try what they call the crackle embossing technique which uses water in  place of ink.


I brushed heavyweight watercolour paper with water then sprinkled embossing powder over it - my powder is a very old one called Wild Tiger which is a blend of orange, brown and red. After heating, I didn't get the crackle finish that the people at WOW got, instead I got a matte, slightly rough surface  that, as you can see, die cut beautifully to give a really textured finish to my hearts.

To keep it as CAS as possible I simply attached it to a die cut stitched square then stamped the single word Love into the largest heart.

I am sharing this with:

AAA Cards - up to one third + optional hearts  (have you any idea how much you need to exercise your rusty brain cells to calculate the length of side of a square to make sure it is one third the area of a larger square? And I used to teach maths and physics! *sigh*)


Make My Monday - I heart you 

Tales from the Craft Room - Love is in the air

Carfty Calendar - die cuts or punches

11 comments:

A.Rose said...

Spectacular CAS card! Thanks for joining us at AAA Cards!

meg said...

A beautiful card Jane, love the colour of your embossing thanks for joining in at MMM

Crafting Queen said...

Not see this technique before very interesting.

Mrs A. said...

Your post sounded so intriguing just had to come and read about it. Must admit I am always disappointed with my result with crackle paint.
Love the results you got. Hugs Mrs A.

Jane said...

Fabulous card. Great technique too. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too.

Chris said...

That's a totally new technique to me- the die cuts look gorgeous ..great result! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar.
x

Dawn Phillips said...

Stunning CAS card. I like the texture you created with that technique. Love Dawn x

Lindsey said...

This is so cool! As an embossing powder fanatic, I must try this.

Sue - said...

Beautiful card Jane. I’ll have to have a go at that technique. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday.

Debbie Mageed said...

Such a sweet CAS card, Jane! That's a fun technique that I will have to try. Thank you for playing with us at Make My Monday and hope you can join us again soon.

Jo said...

Beautiful CAS card Jane, love that technique. Thanks for joining me over at Tales From The Craft Room
Jo x