Monday 3 February 2020

Yo-ho-ho and a bottle of.... Vimto?

Well these cute little pirates are far too young to drink rum, but Vimto's about the same colour as the dark rum I imagine pirates choose!


To make the background I die cut the pirate ship using an old X-cut build a scene set (this set was discontinued, probably because there was a large "Ahoy there" sentiment die that was made back to front!) and assembled it, complete with puffy white cloud, onto blue card. Then I cut a scrap of sand coloured card into dunes and used it as a foreground, and then used a stitched square die to cut the whole thing out.

The pirate children, from a set of Clearly Besotted stamps, are coloured with Promarkers then hand cut because I don't have the matching die set. I used 3-d adhesive to attach the children and sails to give the card a little dimension.

I am sharing this with

Passion for Promarkers - For a child/Children images 

Sweet Stampin - Books   - despite being an avid reader I have absolutely no book related stamps or embellishments, and when I get my old Bookatrix scoring board out, all my inspiration flies out of the window, so instead of showing a book on my card I have represented the book "Treasure Island". Hope that's OK!

12 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Brilliant card, love your design of this card.

Ella's Design said...

Great scene that you've created, Jane, using that fun pirate ship die and those sweet Clearly Besotted children...just perfect for our challenge theme this week at Passion for Promarkers! Thanks for playing along and good luck! Lisa x

Hazel (Didos) said...

This is super, what a great card, those wee kids look adorable!!! Hazelx

Christine Kiehl said...

Adorable and very creative!

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and dies-love the cute pirates---ooh I used to love vimto lol
Carol x

Dawn Phillips said...

This is such a fun card. Don't like vimto. Can I stick to rum please. Love Dawn x

Kathyk said...

FAB make and a great set of stamps .. I don't believe I've ever tasted Vimto!

Kathyk

Julie said...

Oooh fabulous Jane!! Love the colour combo and your design! Thanks for joining in my Child/Children challenge at Passion for Promarkers this week, good luck! Juliexx

The Crafty Den said...

What a fab card Jane. I love the cute images and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for sharing with us at PFP this week and good luck in the prize draw. Hugs, Denise x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A fantastic card Jane, perfect for little boys.

Sue xx

Liz said...

Wonderful design, Jane. Love the title of your blog post! xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Gosh that pirate ship is awesome!! Gorgeous creation, thanks for sharing it with us at Sweet Stampin'. Come and join us again soon. Hugs, Wends xoxo Sweet Stampin' DT