Friday 14 February 2020

Rose swag

In my last post I used an ombré stencilled kraft background - well, while I was playing around with the technique I also made a similar one in shades of pink, which I've used here.


After making the background, I used the darkest ink again to stamp leaf sprigs randomly over it, then added a birthday sentiment.

Next I stamped the rose swag onto watercolour paper. As it is a very stylised image I kept the colouring stylised too by first colouring each section lightly all over with a lighter shade of watercolour pencil then, section by section, blending it with a very wet brush. While still wet, I added strokes with a darker coloured pencil and allowed it to blend slightly, giving a bit of encouragement  where necessary with a fine, slightly damp brush.  All the stamps came from a recent covermount on Creative Stamping.

I  used the back of my scissors to gently curve some of the leaves before attaching with 3-D adhesive.

I am sharing this with

Alphabet Challenge - Anything you wish

Uniko Studios 8th Birthday Linky Party 

The Flower Challenge - Add Leaves


Stamping Sensations - Feminine 

Addicted to Stamps and More - Anything Goes

8 comments:

Hazel (Didos) said...

This is so sweet, what a pretty card, I love the softness of the flowers on the stamp, Hazel

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely card.

Dawn Phillips said...

I think this is gorgeous. Especially the background. It's perfect for the swag. Love Dawn x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A very pretty card Jane. Thank you for joining us in our 'Feminine' challenge at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

Debbie Mageed said...

So pretty, Jane! Your floral swag is wonderful!! Thank you for playing with us at the Alphabet Challenge and hope you can join us again soon.

brenda said...

A beautiful and very striking floral creation, thanks so much for sharing and joining in with our 'Feminine' theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Such pretty flowery card. Thank you for sharing your card with us at ATSM!

pinky said...

This is such a pretty card. Love your colours against the kraft. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.
Pinky