Thursday 13 February 2020

Step Block Butterflies #1

At the Butterfly Challenge this time the card shape is a step block card and Mrs A has given us tutorials for two different types of card, neither of which I'd tried before. I'm going to put them in separate posts because I know there's a knack for adding the same post twice to one linky - but I don't know what it is! So here is the first card.


I used a piece of NBUS  double sided 12 x 12 card to make the basic step block shape and decorated  it by sticking some old embroidery peel offs (they are so old that when I got them, Alan and Barry were still the main/only presenters on Create and Craft - do you remember them?)  then piercing all the marked dots and stitching through the holes. The Butterfly was cut with a Mackintosh style die - sadly I don't own a copy of the doe so a friend cut it for me, I keep checking Craft Stash to see if it's back in stock but no luck so far. It is cut in white and I sponged it randomly with pale blue ink.

I've just noticed two things: the first is that I should have folded the flaps front-over-back rather than back-over-front and the second is that the patterned paper contains all the colours from the challenge wheel, and  as I've used the card shape and some stitching I could have added some spots and claimed a full house. I don't suppose the dots to mark the stitch holes on the peel offs count as spots do they? Oh well, never mind!

And of course I am linking this up at The Butterfly Challenge

4 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Another lovely card.

Hazel (Didos) said...

OMG Alan and Barry!!! I loved watching them!! Throwback Thursday!!! This is super, what a great creation, Hazel xx

Mrs A. said...

Super step card and that is one gorgeous butterfly.Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me. hugs Mrs A.

Robyn Oliver said...

Lovely step card Jane --- love that you used double sided 12x12 lovely to see the salmon peeking through