Tuesday 7 July 2020

An accordion card

I'm back with my second offering for the Butterfly challenge and this time I've included the accordion fold.




I used  the "A4 accordion" groove on the scoring board to fold my card into 4 equal panels then decorated the front and the inside panels with these papers which were a recent magazine freebie -  lots of lovely butterflies and bugs and the perfect colours for the challenge! I finished the front with an ancient and much-used Polkadoodles circular sentiment stamp. 

It's just dawned on me that each panel of this card is the perfect size for a bookmark - wouldn't it be nice to use the perforating wheel on a paper trimmer to score the lines so the recipient could use at least one panel of the card as a bookmark? I might give that idea a try. 

I am, of course, sharing this with the Butterfly Challenge where I'm claiming all elements - the fold, the two patterned papers and all three colours. 






4 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Interesting fold must look up the A4 spot on the scoreboard, didn't know there was such a thing, beautiful papers and great sentiment.

Crafting Queen said...

Great shaped card, love the papers you used.

Mrs A. said...

I love the butterfly and bugs paper and looks really good alternating with the second paper. Making a book mark to perforate off is a great idea too.
Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me this week.Full house it is. Hugs Mrs A.

Catie Cuddles said...

Beautiful creation.
Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT