Friday 3 July 2020

London Bus

The iconic red Routemaster bus is well known all over the world as a London bus, even though they've long ago been replaced with safer, more environmentally friendly models. But it's still what I half expect to see whenever I go into London.


For this card I have used the London stamp from the Tim Holtz "Cityscapes" set which I have had for about 5 years, stamped and heat embossed in dark blue on red card. I've added a background of striped paper from my snippets box and some Union Jack ribbon. The bus is cut with a die from the X-cut London build-a-scene set and the vintage tickets stamped with a very old (10 years?) Studio G mini set which has a range of sentiments to add to the lower space - I chose "Senior Discount".

I am sharing this with

Cardz 4 Guyz - red, white and blue 

Retro Rubber - Anything goes 
RRCB 138

The Male Room - use die cuts 


Craft Rocket Challenge - For the men/boys 

A bit more time to craft extra  - anything goes



7 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Really lovely card.

Jan Clothier said...

Oh, this is lovely! It brings back memories of a holiday we had in London last year. Love the senior discount birthday tickets! Perfect colour choices, too. The cityscape, black on red, is a real eye-catcher. Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber Challenge.

Claire Grantham said...

Great card that made me long even more for a trip back to my hometown, I was there in Feb before this pandemic and I would have been back by now to see my parents. I am a big fan of the Routemaster, I even got to go on one of the newer versions last year. I love the patriotic ribbon too and the tickets made me smile, as I have that same ancient set that I use over and over again! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such a wonderful and patriotic card, love how you did the tickets, and great ribbon too. All of it full of ingenuity. Thank you so much for joining us in our Use Die Cuts challenge at The Male Room this week. Looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
Faith DT The Male Room

Faith my blog

MA-MI said...

Great use of the die-cuts for this masculine card!
Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Male Room this week.
Ma-Mi, The Male Room DT member

Helen said...

Fabulous design, Jane - your ribbon finishes it perfectly.

Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

Helen x

creative lady said...

Lovely card...Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.