Sunday 19 July 2020

She sells sea shells....

Yes, I did say I'd made a couple of cards, so  here is my second post for today.


This card is made with a digi called Shell Border from Eureka stamps.  Instead of using it as a border, I sized it to fill the front of a DL card and printed it three times.

I covered the first image in clear embossing powder and sprinkled WOW Embossing powder in Serene all over it, heat embossed it and then repeated the powder and heat to give good coverage while not completely obliterating the printing on the background - I wanted to be able to see the pebble effect and of course where to position the shells later on. The powder is a gorgeous mixture of colour, texture, shine and sparkle, very reminiscent of sunlight glinting on a rock pool.  I needed to flatten the finished piece under a weight for a while then attached it to the front of the card.

I coloured the shells and border of the other two images using Promarkers,  and cut everything out. The first layer of border and shells I attached to the background with red-backed double sided tape for extra strength on the textured background. (Don't you just hate the way the static in the red background means the waste sticks to everything?). For dimension, I used foam pads to attach the second layer of border and Pinflair glue to attach the shells.

I am sharing this with

CD Sunday Plus - anything goes using a CD, USB or download 

Cardz 4 Galz - Seashells 



12 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Brilliant. Love the colours and love the effect you have achieved.hugs Mrs A.

crafty-stamper said...

Love the DL size and embossed shells and background-I am with you on the red tape backing!!!
Carol x

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely card.

Wynn said...

What a lot of creative work has gone into this masterpiece Jane. I love the dimension of the shells. Thank you for sharing it with us at CDSunday Plus Wynn DT

Pamela said...

I love how you've adapted the border to be the main focus of your card. Thanks for continuing to support the challenge.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Carol said...

Your rock pool effect is perfect. I have seen many a granite rock pool down in Cornwall that looks very similar. Great card Jane.
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

Donna Ellis said...

It is lovely, Jane! I like that you adapted a border like this, and made the shells realistic. It's beautiful! hugs, de

Dawn Phillips said...

So lovely. That powder looks amazing. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4galz. Love Dawn x

Jocelyn said...

A great card. Those shells really do look as if they are trapped in a rock pool. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT

Leslie Larkin said...

Beautiful cards! The shells look real. Thanks for playing along with Cardz 4 Galz challenge!

Leslie Larkin

Cardz 4 Galz DT

Seafield Jo said...

This is so clever and very creative. Would look great on the wall.

Jo x

Margarets designer cards said...

Great DL card, I like your idea of using the shells in the middle instead of a border, they make great images
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT