Friday 24 July 2020

At the North Pole

For this card, I've used 6 images from Hunkydory's "Little Book of Father Christmas", cutting them into layers for the 3-D decoupage.



Each page is printed 6 times, so you can have up to 6 layers of decoupage. When I got to the top layer, I felt I could have done with two more layers, one for his left glove and cuff and the other for just the cuff. If I'd thought about it in advance, I could have cut those from the bottom two layers - subsequent layers over the top would have hidden the "holes" - but they were already firmly stuck in place by then. I'm a great believer in letting the glue completely dry between layers, you get more tea drunk that way. 

The moral of the story is, if you are planning your own 3-D decoupage rather than using purpose-printed layers, make sure you plan and cut all the layers first so you can see you have the right amount of everything! 

The starry paper, felt snowflake border and gems are all from my stash and I've finished the snow and the trims on Santa's outfit with Stickles. 

I'm sharing this with

52 Christmas Card Throwdown - Santa  

Watercooler Wednesday - All About Occasions  

Christmas Kickstart - Starry, Starry Night 
 








6 comments:

Liz said...

Lovely card, Jane. The Santa looks great decoupaged. xx

Fabiola said...

magnifique création 3D Jane, cette carte est vraiment top, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCT, biz

Dotty Jo said...

Always love a bit of decoupage, Jane! He's a very cute Santa. Thanks for joining Pia and me at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

Pia S said...

I really like the dimensional look of your Santa and other elements against the starry sky. Pretty border with gems too. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing at Christmas Kickstart. Pia, Guest elf

Rosmarie said...

Adorable Santa! The 3-D layering gives him such a beautiful dimensional look!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at 25CCT. Rosi x

Tristan said...

Such a sweet card Jane. Love the 3D effect you've achieved with the multi-layers. Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. Tristan DT.