Sunday 26 July 2020

Ink-Well

My crafting mojo is still at an all-time low, so for inspiration I am working my way through some of the designs in the book "Simply Beautiful Rubber Stamping"  by Kathie Seaverns, but using my own stamps and supplies.

brass clip is just to hold the card closed to show the image lined up behind the aperture.




This  one used stamps that came with Creative Stamping a year or two ago. I stamped the ink bottle in a dark blue distress ink on a scrap of white card, cut it out with a square die and matted it on very dark blue card then cut the edges with fancy scissors.

Next I  lightly brushed pale and medium blue inks over the lower right area of the card, and used the same square die to cut the aperture. Finally, I used the dark blue ink to stamp the pens and postmark.

I am sharing this with:

Cardz 4 Guyz - No Patterned Paper 

Fab'nFunky - use a real stamp (no digis) 

Pearly Sparkles - Three of a kind (pens)

Daring Cardmakers - Three Musketeers (pens)


5 comments:

Craftychris said...

This is fabulous! Love the image showing through the aperture. I forget about my fancy scissors -must use them. Take care and stay safe. xxx

Chris said...

It's a great idea to use a book for inspiration when you're stuck for ideas- it's amazing how different a design can look when you use different stamps and add your own take! this is a beautiful card- love the stamps! Thanks for joining us at Fab'n' Funky this week.
Chris
x

Melanie Hungerford said...

I love the use of white space on your card and how it works to bring focus on the window and image behind it. Striking card! Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4Guys.
Melanie

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous CAS card love the stamped images
Carol x

cohenna said...

Beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in the Pearly Sparkles Challenge this time and good luck