Monday 27 July 2020

Dragonflies

I don't go very long without making a dragonfly themed card! I love dragonflies and can't resist a dragonfly themed stamp (or garment or jewellery item for that matter)



This one is actually inspired by my favourite tea cup


... and tea is another thing I love! I also love stamping, especially heat embossing, and as you've probably noticed, my current passion is for embossing in white and pastel colours on back backgrounds, which is what I've done here using a very old Craft Stamper freebie stamp. I cut out the square images using deckle edged scissors and mounted them on the black background with foam pads for dimension although it doesn't really show in the photo. The background is stamped all over with the Hampton Art Stamps Dragonfly Background, a stamp I've probably had for 20 years or more.

I am sharing this with

Shopping Our Stash - Black and White

Country View Crafts - Do what makes you happy   (dragonflies, tea, stamping, heat embossing...)



5 comments:

Diane said...

What a fun black and white design.

Hugs Diane

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous monochrome card love all the Dragonflies and white embossing on the black
Carol x

Dawn Phillips said...

Surely I've seen all your dragonfly stamps by now...or maybe not. I think this is beautiful and very you. Love Dawn x

Donna said...

Ohhhhhhhh I love this so much sistah!
I adore dragonflies (did you know I have a dragonfly tattoo??)
Thanks for sharing and for playing along with the Black and White challenge with the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Love your Monochrome card, those Dragonflies look beautiful and I love that mug too, perfect inspiration for your lovely card.
Thank you for sharing with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH.
XO
Maria/DT