Friday 10 July 2020

The girl in the window

Usually when I make an NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff, (c) Darnell)  card I use very old NBUS, but  over the last few days I've acquired some  lovely new toys to play with so today I'm using NEW NBUS.




The NBUS items are the Santoro Gorjuss girl stamp, part of a beautiful bundle of goodies I won on the docrafts Facebook page, and the pretty leaf stencil which I bought this week. 

I made a square card from single sided orange pearlescent card, and cut a slightly smaller piece of green for the topper. 

Next I stamped the girl on a scrap of white card, coloured her with Promarkers and chose a rectangular nesting die to cut her out. Look, look.... I coloured HAIR!!!! Go me! 

I measured the centre of the green card and used the next size up of die to cut a rectangle from it. Then I positioned the green card over the card front and positioned the die I'd cut the girl with inside it, equally framed all round,  removed the green and cut the aperture. 

I stuck the image onto the green "waste" die cut, then put adhesive on the back of the panel, lined it up exactly behind the aperture on the orange card and closed the card. This made sure the image was correctly aligned with the window. 

Now moving on to the green square, I taped the stencil over it, making use to leave an even border all the way round, and sponged Versamark ink through the stencil. Then I removed the stencil and brushed Blonde Moments Pearl Pigment Powder (do they still make that? It goes a long way, I must have had mine for about 10 years and I still have most of the pot) in gold over the leaves. I finished by buffing with a tissue to remove the excess powder  then stuck the green card to the front of the orange to form a wide border around the aperture. 

I am sharing this with

Passion for Promarkers - Use Orange 

NBUS - Challenge 16


6 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Really lovely card, love it.

Dotty Jo said...

Yep, you coloured hair good! Cute card, love the window effect, Jo x

Darnell said...

You put a lot of work into this, Jane, and it looks fabulous! And well done coloring her hair!! I don't even mind that she's lost her face; usually I take a Sharpie and draw it on my monitor so the poor girl can breathe. 😊 I hope you are keeping well and thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Ella's Design said...

Great aperture card, Jane! Love the bright colour tones and sweet Gorjuss image...
Thanks for Playing along with us at Passion for Promarkers this week! Lisa x

The Crafty Den said...

A very pretty card Jane. I love the image and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for sharing with us at PFP this week and good luck in the prize draw. Hugs, Denise x

Julie said...

Gorgeous card, Jane - such a sweet image and I love your design! Thanks for joining in my challenge at Passion for Promarkers, good luck! Juliexx